How to hide excel sheets in the workbook

Closed
Suri - Jan 29, 2009 at 04:54 AM
 arunaiarun - Aug 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Hello,

If Excel workbook is having 5 sheets then If I want hide 3 sheets with the help of cell value ,i.e YES & No,No means sheet should hide.
format >sheet >hide option will hide a perticular & even for multiple sheets also but i want to hide with the help of cell value? I.e Suppose Work book is having 5 sheets A,B,C,D,E.
A sheet is having all sheet name in first column & 2nd column is having combo box with Yes/NO Option for all sheet name.
Now If I select YES then the selected sheet should appear & If I select NO then selected sheet should hide.
So pls suggest me how I need to impiment?

3 responses

annajones1188 Posts 6 Registration date Thursday April 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2009 5
Jan 29, 2009 at 05:38 AM
Well what you have clearly done is to hide the columns and what you must do is the hide the sheets. You should select this option at the bottom of your screen where it is either written sheet 1/ sheet 2 (or has been renamed by any other) and use the right-click and select the Hide option and when done, click on the Unhide option by going through the same procedures
Suri75 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2009
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Hi Annajones1188

My question is...?

If Excel workbook is having 5 sheets A,B,C,D,E then If I want hide B,C,D 3 sheets with the help of cell value ,
Created tru data validation as list items i.e YES/NO in SheetA

Pls follow the details SheetA is having all Sheet Name in firast column & 2nd column is having combo option "YES","NO"

Sheets Name Option
SheetB "YES"/"NO"
SheetC "YES"/"NO"
SheetD "YES"/"NO"
SheetE "YES"/"NO"

Now In sheetA, If I select ''YES" for SheetB then the selected sheetB should appear & If I select "NO" then selected sheet should hide.

So How many sheets I want to keep on my work book I will keep it & how many sheets I want to hide, I will those sheets by changing "NO"

Kindly suggest me how I need to impiment?
Hi,

did you got the answer. I am also looking for the same solution.