Word - insert rows based on cell value

Closed
garridosk Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 14, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2011 - Nov 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Dec 1, 2011 at 07:03 AM
Hello,
I am a macro novice with several questions. Please help!

1. I created a Document Change form with tables in word. The user will input a number "n" into one of the cells. I need to have word automatically insert "n-1" rows after a certain cell in 2 of the tables.

2. How are cells from Word tables referenced in code? For example, if I'm referring to the cell in the 3rd row and the 2nd column in one of the tables, how would that be designated?

3. Is there a difference between a "macro" vs. "VBA"?

Thanks so much,
Sandra

Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Dec 1, 2011 at 07:03 AM
I dont think you would be able to do it in Word (not at least without macro). The simple workaround I can think of is that you copy this table. Paste in excel. Use text-to-column option to split into cells and then paste back in word

Having said that
for #1 and #2, see if this helps
http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm

for #3, VBA is visual basic for application. In nutshell language. Macro is the product of that language. so basically you use vba to write macro in microsoft office products