The check mark or a tick mark is a symbol used to indicate something that was confirmed after review. Although the physical keyboard does not include it, if you are working on a document in Microsoft Word, you can easily insert it through the dialog square, as a symbol, or via a keyboard shortcut.
How to insert check mark in Word for Windows?
- In your Word document, click the Insert tab, and find the Symbol group.
- Click Symbol > More Symbols.
- Select the Wingdings font, and scroll to the last row of symbols that appear in the list.
- Select the check mark, and click Insert. You can then close the window to continue working on your document.
How to insert check mark in Word for Mac?
- Open your Word document, and go to the Home tab.
- Select the Wingdings font 2, and place the cursor where you would like to insert the symbol.
- Press and hold Shift + P to insert the check mark.
What is the keyboard shortcut to insert check mark in Word?
Place the cursor where you'd like to insert the symbol, and then press ALT + V on your keyboard.