Removing YouTube Video Ads - is that possible

Closed
bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday 22 November 2011 Status Member Last seen 31 January 2013 - 23 Nov 2011 à 08:58
bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday 22 November 2011 Status Member Last seen 31 January 2013 - 11 Jan 2012 à 06:54
Hello,

I can't live without YouTube. However, it is becoming increasingly annoying to watch TV-like adds each time I want to see a video.

Is there a solution to that? I would like to continue watching videos on YouTube the way I have done so far. I know that video ads do not appear in most cases for amateur non-high traffic videos.

Thank you for your insights.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
25 Nov 2011 à 00:49
Hi,

This video from youtube itself will guide you removing ads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLgbTjlp0TA

Thanks
bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday 22 November 2011 Status Member Last seen 31 January 2013 30
11 Jan 2012 à 06:54
Hi pcsces, thank you for your answer.

In fact I was more interested in how to remove the several seconds of advertisement (usually video advertisement) before many YouTube videos start. This advertising was introduced at the beginning of 2011.

I can see that the video you refer to is only made in 2010. I know about AdBlock and have previously used it. However it does not seem to remove the video ads from youtube videos (only the banner adds within the videos).

Any more ideas?