Toshiba Satelite L300D Black Screen

Closed
SHric01 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2011 - Nov 23, 2011 at 08:42 PM
max_512 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday November 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011 - Nov 26, 2011 at 08:06 AM
Hello,

My Toshiba will not start up.. when I push the power button the power comes on, CD/DVD drive sounds and can hear the fan running but the screen remains black and the light to indicate the hard drive is booting does not light up.. Help
Tried taking out the battery out and plugging in the power cord and it still does the same thing.
Windows Vista operation system.. have back up disks I made after I bought the computer but have alot of pics and files on the hard drive

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me
Sandra

Related:

2 responses

max_512 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday November 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011 2
Nov 26, 2011 at 07:13 AM
Toshiba Satelite L300D comes with ATI GPU. Mainly it could cause by a GPU failure. Better try flushing the power by removing the power sources, then holding power button (more than 20secs). But this fix normally applies on Nvidia GPU failure. Or else u can count on the CPU.
max_512 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday November 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011 2
Nov 26, 2011 at 08:06 AM
This message is to everybody who are suffering with laptop no display issues (with LCD back light on).
This could cause mainly by a GPU failure. Draining the power by holding power switch could solve your problem temporarily. This kind of hardware failure can not be solved by a simple touch of a button. GPU reflow may fix it permanently with your luck.
Cz this reflow fix may mislead u to a motherboard replacement by any repair center. Make sure that they return the old defective motherboard, which removed from your laptop before the replacement done (check the serial numbers and verify). If anybody can Reball the GPU or replace it, may fix it correctly. But the required experience, technology and the machines should be available to make it success. Im telling u with my own experience that I have gained as a hardware technician, who has done many researches to gain the knowledge in repairing laptops in Sri Lanka.

Sorry for my bad english.

Darshana for MTech, Whenever You Need Technology.....