Search range if two vaules are the same copy

Closed
Jonny F - Nov 24, 2011 at 03:08 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Nov 30, 2011 at 05:05 PM
Hello,

i'm a new in excel soo that's very hard for me to understand.
i need a formula or a vba code for the following :

i have two excel files with the same number of columns but diffrent row numbers and difrent informations on them . first file is a master list that contains all informations and needs to be updated with new data from a daily report . i have a unique code for each row ( i don't need duplicates in my master list ). i need to search in both files for that unique code, when the code matches , i need to copy the data from cell AL from file 2 to same cell name in file 1. but only if the unique number matches ( that unique is situated in bj column . the perfect soultion for me will be a formula that does that automaticly every time i open the master list . the only problem is that the daily report file name is changed every day soo it will be required to be entered manualy ... or it can be done with a drop menu or something to select the daily report file . i hope that i've explained myself clear ( i doubt it ) :) . can anybody help me ?

thanks in advance.

regards.

Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Nov 30, 2011 at 05:05 PM
It sounds to me that master list is pretty much static and would be updated manually on when and if needed basis. What you seem to be looking for is based on master list update the other sheet. Depending on the number of rows you have, formulas can slow down your file unless you have a (K.A.C.) (10 points for guessing this abbreviation :P)
My suggestion would be that you have an macro, in the master sheet that can ask you for the target workbook and it does updates to that workbook

Could you post as sample workbook with some sample data at some public file sharing site and post back here the link to THE FILE