Net issue after install/uninstall zonealarms

Closed
Confused - Dec 28, 2011 at 09:40 PM
 Anonymous User - Dec 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Hello,

I have lost all internet access after recently installing zonealarms. I installed though it conflicted with AVG and kept crashing my system everytime I connected the LAN cable. If I allowed the trial to start before connecting the cable, so as to ensure that zonealarms disabled certain features, the internet was able to work but at a snail pace. Attempted to uninstall AVG without success, and Zonealarms. Followed instructions online to uninstall zonealarms manually, including HKEY's. Also ran AVG's removal tool to remove AVG, which worked except for system32\driversstore\filerepository files.

Now internet will not work at all. When I connect the LAN cable you can see it connect in Network Connections, the Local Area Connection becomes enabled. Same when connecting to router wirelessly. It is not a problem with modem as internet connection works fine on other PC connected to the modem, also clearly not a cable problem.

I have checked drivers and all installed fine. Have attempted to disable and enable, again no success. PC edoff and restarted again does not fix the issue.

Any help appreciated as to what settings I can review? I am fathomed to locate the problem, or an online blog that covers this issue?

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Download

Revo uninstaller

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4641-revo-uninstaller/

Remove all traces of avg and zone alarm

Open command prompt as administrator and run these commands

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the PC.See if it works