Why isn't my router wireless?

Closed
Foxxy-17 - Feb 2, 2009 at 09:34 AM
BennoTron Posts 7 Registration date Saturday January 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2009 - Feb 2, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Hey
I have a Netgear router. I followed the instructions on the provided disc to set-up. However, I can only get internet connection when the eternet wire is plugged into the modem and my laptop. I thought the router serves the purpose of accessing internet cennection wireless! I am now stationed at one area to get internet connection. What have i done wrong?
Related:

2 responses

BennoTron Posts 7 Registration date Saturday January 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2009 1
Feb 2, 2009 at 10:43 AM
The easist way to tell if you have purchased a wireless router, as opposed to an ethernet router, is if it has one or more antennas coming off of it. What is the model number on the box/unit? It's possible that the router just isn't all the way set up. Once you're plugged into the router, try going to 192.168.1.1 from an internet explorer window and you should be able to administer the router. I think the default login for a linksys router is blank (literally nothing, not the word blank) for the username and "public" for the password, but it should be in your router documentation.

Let me know what you discover,

Benno
BennoTron Posts 7 Registration date Saturday January 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2009 1
Feb 2, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Oh, I didn't see that it's netgear, not Linksys. Netgear uses the same IP address for login, but I think the username is ADMIN and the password is PASSWORD (not sure about uppercase/lowercase).

Benno