PC help

Closed
amy.adkins23 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday January 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2012 - Jan 25, 2012 at 09:24 AM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Jan 26, 2012 at 01:02 PM
Hello,

I have a compaq i recieved from a family member and i somehow completley wiped the whole thing out on accident. I did not backup anything. i have an acronis disk that i can put it in the cdrom and it pops up and allows me to access that. Other than that i can not do anything:( I turn on my pc and its black but if i put that disk in it works but will not let me do anything as far as get to my desktop screen or nothing. I have done alot of reasearch and cant figure it out. Can anyone guide me on how to download disk drives from one computer and place it on my other? or anything would help please
Related:

8 responses

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Jan 25, 2012 at 06:09 PM
OK. So basically, you somehow corrupted or deleted Windows. Thank you, I'm happy to help. A flash disk is another name for a flash drive, 4GB should be large enough. What is the exact model of the computer, I'll check if it's 32 or 64 bit. Also, if you can, call the previous owner and find out. This is VERY important.

I will guide you through it. You won't harm your uncles computer, what you'll be doing exactly is making the flash seem like its the windows install disc, and install windows.
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Jan 25, 2012 at 06:10 PM
sorry not VERY important but pretty important, definitely if you want to get the best out of your computer.
Jan 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Hi Amy.

If you've wiped the disks then getting your data back may not be an option unless you open up the computer and connect those hard drive's externally to another.

You can, however, reinstall Window's on the computer. Do you want to do that?
amy.adkins23 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday January 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 at 03:08 PM
Im not concerned about getting the data back . I am honestly just interested in getting it up and running. I dont know what to do . I dont have my windows disk only my product key. I do have a windows upgrade disk but that wont let me upload it because i cant upgrade something thats not there. I do want windows back on my pc but i do not have the money to go and buy a whole new full version disk. I just dont know what to do. It also keeps saying no hard disk FILES are on my computer and i have no clue how to do it. I do have a working pc but i dont know how to transfer or make new files or anything . everything i try i seem to run into a problem . thanks so much for your time
Jan 25, 2012 at 04:12 PM
OK. Then that shouldn't be a problem. OK, all you need is the product key. You should download the EXACT same windows. Which version were you running? XP, Vista, 7? And type? Home, Pro, Ultimate, etc.? AND, whether it was 32 or 64 bit. I'll get you the link.

Downloading it is free but only lasts about 3 days, so the key is needed. You can install windows off a flash disk, i just did it myself. I'll tell you everything you need to know.

I hope we can fix this. Happy to help.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
amy.adkins23 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday January 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 at 05:12 PM
well as soon as i got my computer i just started deleting stuff so that way i didnt have any of the previous owners stuff on here. I had it working fine and was up on the internet and everything and deleted what ever i shouldnt have and everything wiped out. when i went to turn it back on my pc was a black screen flashing NO OPPERATING SYSTEMS FOUND . so now i have nothing lol. I appriciate your help alot! Im not real computer smart and not sure what a flash disk is or looks like or anything. I do have a 4GB flash drive. The Windows sticker on the back of my pc says Windows XP Home Edition HP . Not sure if it was 32 or 64 though.
Jan 25, 2012 at 05:16 PM
Also if you could ... give me step by step cause im not even sure how i would download the windows on my disk or flash stick without harming this computers system. I run this laptop on vista and cant have that changed because it is my uncles computer
Jan 25, 2012 at 07:03 PM
I have no way of contacting previous owner. It is a Compaq Presario V3000
Jan 26, 2012 at 01:02 PM
While i was looking for a link, i found something which says downloading ANY Windows XP from the net is considered piracy, but it is arguably in your rights if you have your personal product key. The only other way is to contact Microsoft themselves, and see what they have to say about this.

Do you still wish to go through the first method? Personally, I would. Because purchasing windows only gets you a valid product key. Windows needs this key to work, and the key you have is valid. This is the link in case you wish to read it.

https://www.lifewire.com/where-can-i-download-windows-xp-2626357