Blue screen error

Closed
Jochi - Jan 26, 2012 at 04:33 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Hi there, im having this problem fixing a friends old laptop.
Aparently his ram wasnt working properly and the internal motherboard battery was failing as well and wouldent keep the bios settings.
So, i replaced the damaged ram, changed the battery on the motherboard. Then when i booted the laptop it would come to the part were it asks yo if you want to start windows nomaly or in safe mode etc. so i would select any of these options and the screen blinks and for just a split second a blue screen apears and it restarts again, theres not enough time to make out what the error on the blue screen is.
So then, i took out the hard drive and reinstalled windows with another laptop, and changed to a different ram as well just in case. And to no avail, it always does the same thing and wont start up.
I tryed changing some options in the bios, but dosent really do any diference.
So if some one could help me out with this one, im really out of ideas to as what could be causing the error.

If you need any more details ill be happy to give them.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.