No beep at start up of computer

Closed
Malteser Posts 30 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012 - Jan 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Malteser Posts 30 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012 - Jan 30, 2012 at 03:20 PM
Hello,
I have a problem that when I start the pc there is no beep and the monitor wont open. all fans are working but nothing comes on the screen. when I unplug everything and open the pc and dust it using a brush then it will beep. Again when I restart there is nothing on the monitor and I have to unplug and re plug for several times until it decides to beep again! This been happening for over a month. Sometimes it beeps and sometimes no. Now I'm afraid to switch of the pc just in case it wont beep.
I'm also having the pc slow and when I open chrome it takes a bit too long to open.
Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Related:

2 responses

Bionik Posts 4234 Registration date Thursday August 19, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen August 3, 2016
Jan 28, 2012 at 03:51 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will results such problems.

2) Check if you are able to boot into the "Safe Mode"

When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

Select "Safe Mode". If you are able to boot into safe mode then go to

"My Computer" --> Right click on your OS drive and select "Properties".

Click on "Tools" tab--->Click on "Check Now" button.

In "Check Disk" window, select those 2 options and click on "Start" button.

Good Luck
Malteser Posts 30 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 at 03:20 PM
thanks for your reply. i cleaned the ram and changed the slot. it worked but then again after 3 restarts there was no beep. now it is working. i am frustrated with this thing going on as i dont know if im lucky the next time i switch on my pc!