'hard disk error' run hard disk check

Closed
noryn87 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2012 - Feb 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM
noryn87 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2012 - Feb 6, 2012 at 02:20 AM
Hello anyone i need ur help,

i just upgrade my window vista to window 7,and my fren ask me to also download driver for BIOS,i download the bios from hp website,and while im installing the driver,my lap top was shut down..i wait a few minutes..and i on my lap top. then the black screen appear 'hard disk error' run hard disk check...what should i do?? im frightened to dead right now!!!
help me..please.....someone
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 5, 2012 at 02:08 PM
If the computer shuts down while updating the BIOS you may have destroyed the computer/BIOS. If the computer will not boot then you can't update the BIOS chip again. The only way around this is to buy a new BIOS chip that has been pre-programmed to work with your computer/motherboard.

BUT, dead BIOS symptoms do not match yours. Normally you just have a completely dead computer. If you can get to the BIOS screens then your BIOS should be OK.

This looks more like a failed/failing hard disk. I suggest you run the check disk program and hope for the best.

Good Luck
noryn87 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2012
Feb 6, 2012 at 02:20 AM
thanks 4 ur reply..now my lap top can turn on and ok but sometimes when i off then i turn on back the hard disk error msg appear.but if i turn off and on again my lap top can run like usual.can i download the old BIOS driver and install back? is it ok?