Both IDE & SATA hard drives not showing

Closed
rayngo - Feb 27, 2012 at 04:57 AM
rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 - Feb 27, 2012 at 02:52 PM
Hello,

Some time back, I had not used my PC for a while. Recently I decided to use it, and the PC cud not start. It has two 500gb western digital hard drives, one IDE and one SATA.

When I tried to check them on another machine, they are recognised at bios stage, but they dont appear in the other OS.

When I try to boot using the hard drives, it will show me the boot menu(since i had partitioned it and installed win xp on one partition and win7 on the other two partitions. During boot, wen I select any of the OS, it will show that there is an error, and wen i select repair, it will go on for ever... Anybody who cud help??

Thanks Ray.
Related:

1 response

rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Feb 27, 2012 at 02:52 PM
try booting up with just one drive, then the other, one at a time, if this works then it is a configuration problem, that can be solved in msconfig