Inspiron 1525 - won't detect harddisk

Solved/Closed
Depressed Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 4, 2009 - Nov 4, 2009 at 12:31 AM
 Tim - Apr 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Hello,
my laptop(Dell Inspiron - 1525) while booting says hard disk not detected.....it all happened suddenly ..nothing was wrong with my hard disk as well...my notebook is 6 or 7 months old (WDC WD2500BEVS-75UST0).
the mesage while booting says.......Cannot find a bootable device. I don't think its the controller as I connected another harddisk to the same notebook and no problems were encountered. However, connecting my harddisk to another notebook came up with the same message: Cannot find a bootable device.

Any suggestions? I really need to recover my data.
Related:

3 responses

Hi there
This problem lies within your BiOS.
You need to go to the Sata settings and change the setting to ATA. You will have to change the cache module to off before you can change to ATA. Once you have done that you can load a new O/S or reboot your old OS using recovery.
Kind Regards Ray M
thanks
avman Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2010
Sep 6, 2010 at 01:48 AM
I tried all that and even changed the hdd but stilll getting the message
You're right about going into the bios. I just bought a new hard drive before trying this method and I was told I could not find the HDD while reinstalling windows, but the bios could. then I tried your method, and reinstalled Windows and it worked thinks Razmo40
Worked Brilliant! Inspirion 1525