May 18, 2015
- - Latest reply: JohnEltin
Registration date
Thursday April 7, 2016
Status
Last seen
August 12, 2017
- Apr 21, 2016 at 07:56 PM
I have a Asus that runs on Windows 8.1 and an external Touro Hard Disk Drive.
I plugged it in one day and it's not showing up on computer. Well it's only showing up as Local Disk (E:). It would normally show up as Izzy's HDD. In my Device Manager it is showing up in my Disk drives as HGST Touro Mobile 3.0 SCSI Disk Device. But under my Computer Management- Storage- Disk Management, nothing is there.
I need help with how can get into my HDD. I have a lot of things stored on there and I don't know what went wrong.

Thank you for any help I can get or if you need more info please let me know.
See more 

3 replies

Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
Thank you
Hello Izzi17,
Did you see whether your hard disk is recognized in BIOS?...
Try to post the images of your my computer,
device manager and disk management..
Izzi17
Registration date
Monday May 18, 2015
Status
Last seen
May 18, 2015
-
I'm not very good with computers, so I have no idea what BIOS is, can you explain so I can check?!
It's not allowing me to post pictures of my computer, device manager and disk management. :/
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
Thank you
ok Izzi17,
Tap Del key during startup of your computer until your BIOS screen appears..
Also try F12 or F2 according to your computer manufacturer..
see there whether your pc recognize your Hard disk..
Registration date
Thursday April 7, 2016
Status
Last seen
August 12, 2017
Thank you
Problem SOL-VED!! (For me anyway, and I ain't no tech-head - just an Irishman who thinks a 'puter is a bag of spuds!

Like others, it would not show on 'My Computer' though it showed as 'working properly' in Device Manager. Windows 7.

My 1 TB NEW Touro Hitachi wouldn't show after I cancelled a 'partition-clone' that was in progress. Shook it, kicked it, kissed it, after I found the solution.
If you're lucky enough that it shows in Device Manager, Right Click it,
go to Properties
Driver
Uninstall it

Unplug it and re-connect it

Go to Control- Panel
Computer Management - Storage - and Disk Management

There are several windows there (lotsa blue) and I can't remember how and where, but I found the little sucker and right-clicked it, and then selected the 'Volume Simple - Basic' and that showed up in my 'Computer'. I had to rename it, as 'Touro' was replaced with the 'F' Drive of my computer - your's might be D or E - I have several internal drives, hence the 'F'.

Maybe someone can fill in the last part of this solution mentioned above (around the blue bits) but I think you'll find enough before that to take you to the recovery.
YIPPEEE!!! Let me know - John South Australia
When I right click on it there's no volume simple basic, just change drive letter and paths, properties, and help.
JohnEltin
Registration date
Thursday April 7, 2016
Status
Last seen
August 12, 2017
-
J, Since it doesn't give you the 'Volume Simple - Basic' option then all I can suggest now is that you click the 'change drive letter' option.
Now that my external drive is working properly I can no longer see that 'Volume Simple - Basic'.
If the content of your drive is unimportant then you might try 'Format' or the other options.
You will find these options when you right-click the drive as it's listed in the top box under volume, not in the blue box below.
Let me know!