Move rows from multiple sheets to new sheets

Closed
Frometheus - Mar 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Mar 24, 2012 at 04:56 PM
Hello,

I have little experience with Macros and need some help. I have multiple worksheets each labeled with different weeks (i.e. "AUG 29 - SEP 3, SEP 5 - SEP 10, etc.) and I have salespersons names in column A in EACH of those sheets. I want to move each row, based on the salesperson's name, into their own worksheet labeled with their name. Unfortunately, the manager that initially created this report did not keep the layout of each sheet consistent. So, I need a VBA Macro that will parse EACH sheet in the defined range of sheets, and copy the rows based on a salesperson's name, create a new worksheet based on that name, and copy all of the rows into the new salesperson sheets.

THANK YOU!

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Mar 24, 2012 at 04:56 PM
Since you said layout is different in each sheet, you would need to post the workbook at some file sharing site and post back the link to see how a common macro can do what you want it to do. It would help further if you can explain using that book as example what columns etc you would like to move