Cannot get flashdrive to work

Closed
WriterDesire Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2012 - Apr 29, 2012 at 05:54 PM
WriterDesire Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2012 - Apr 29, 2012 at 06:37 PM
Hello,
I cannot get my flashdrive to work at all. I was using it the other day just as normal when it suddenly gave out on me. Now, even though I put it into the port, it will not allow me to even open it. It doesn't come up on my computer at all. My computer makes the sound saying that there is something in the port, but at the slightest movement, it makes another sound saying that there's nothing in the port.
Please, is there anyway I can get my flashdrive to work? I have important documents on there that I need. Please help me!

Related:

2 responses

You can try in Linus ox, easy one is ubuntu, you don't want to install OS for it, there has an option to boot OS from CD, then got to tools, can find the drives there. Hope this will help you.
WriterDesire Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 at 06:37 PM
Okay, so I looked in the files under my computer and I found it there. However, whenever I try to view the files, it's shaded grey and won't let me view them. Is there anyway I can view them again?