Vista not starting up

Closed
nikki - May 1, 2012 at 03:34 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - May 2, 2012 at 04:01 PM
Hello guys,
Nikki here, I have tried to start my computer and in 'boot manager' i click vista, then it asks for me to click safe mode or normal mode, when i click normal mode the computer starts up then show desktop then goes all fuzzy, a blue screen comes up then goes to fast to read then returns to 'boot manager' have tried to restore to 28/04/12 didnt work, repair asks to remove devices (ipod,camera) but no devices are pugged in only orgon, so I had a look in report shows error 0x0 I am unsure what this means. Can someone please help me? do you have any Ideas?
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 1, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

2) Select the option "Last known good configuration"

If the problem still exists then follow the step 1 and this time select the option

"Safe mode". Let me know if you are able to boot into safe mode.

Good Luck
Hi Jack thanx for your help I am at work right now and will try this at lunch time & yes we are able to boot into safe mode have tried to do a error-checking on C: but will not let me. What would be the 2nd option in safe mode?
Unfortunately 'F8' & 'last known good configuration' didnt help :(, I have been told to remove the drive from my computer and add it to another computer and use as a second drive to fix my C: are there any tips to help me with this option? Thank you
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 2, 2012 at 04:01 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First check if you OS drive volume is having a dirty bit or not.

Open the command prompt and enter the below command.

fsutil dirty query c: --> Press Enter.

[Note: Replace the letter "c" if you have installed your OS other than C-Drive Volume]

Volume - c: is NOT Dirty should appear if it have no problem with your C-Drive.

2) Perform clean boot and check if you are able to boot into windows.

When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

Select "Safe Mode"

When the desktop appears

Click on Start --> In search box, type msconfig and Press Enter.

System Configuration Utility will be opened.

Click on "Services" tab, select the option "Hide all Microsoft services"(you can find

this option at bottom) --> Click on "Disable All" button.

Click on "Startup" tab and click on "Disable All" button --> Click on OK.

Now try to boot in normal mode.

Later enable the serivces and startup items one by one by going to System

Configuration Utility and then restarting the Computer.

Good Luck