Computer turns on but doesn't boot up

Closed
Lillythebear - May 23, 2012 at 06:58 PM
RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 - May 24, 2012 at 04:32 AM
Hey everyone, I've been super stumped on a computer question for a while. My computer broke months ago where it turns on but doesn't show and sign of display.

I've come back to it almost a year later to give it a shot. I turn on the computer and the LED on my case turns on and the cpu / case fans start spinning. The weird thing is that it's very quiet and doesn't seem to get really loud when it starts up like it should. I have no idea what to do.

I tried to reset the but it didn't work. Is my motherboard dead?
Related:

1 response

RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 120
May 24, 2012 at 04:32 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.