RAM problems - compaq

Closed
Buckerrzz - Jun 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 8, 2012 at 09:59 AM
Hello, I am working with a Compaq Presario SR5189CF CTO
I have recently bought 2 new sticks of RAM, identical to the two that are already inside it... However when I insert the new RAM my pc doesn't start and simply emits one short beep followed by one long beep... When I remove the two new sticks of RAM my pc continues to run as normal. Please help me as I have no idea how to fix this problem and have spent all day trying to find out. All 4 sticks of RAM are 512mb
Thanks

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 6, 2012 at 02:29 PM
Hi,

Are the frequency same?Are they new or used one?Please check both and revert back.

Thanks
The frequencies are the same however the ram has previously been used in a different pc of the same model
Blocked Profile
Jun 6, 2012 at 08:06 PM
What is it? DDR 400? Are the motherboards exactly the same.

obviously there is a compatibility issue.
Blocked Profile
Jun 7, 2012 at 03:20 AM
Hi,

Have you tried only the new one?what is the result?are you sure they were good if not then return it else same issue will occur.

Thanks
Yes I have tried only the new one, however I'm beginning to think that their maybe a problems with the insert slots
Blocked Profile
Jun 8, 2012 at 09:59 AM
Hi,

Can you please be more clear on the term ''insert slots''.So your previous ones work only the new ones are creating issues?If so then change it or return to seller.

Thanks