Factory reset Compaq cq58 laptop

Solved/Closed
Lehman - 28 Sep 2017 à 08:03
xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 - 28 Sep 2017 à 13:20
Hello,

I’m struggling with how to factory reset my laptop to its original condition. Giving it away to my friend, so I want it all to be as if the laptop is new.

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 11.0
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
28 Sep 2017 à 13:20
I found these instructions:


1. Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery (all data saved). After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.

Or to perform a destructive recovery, (***This will erase all your unsaved data!***)
Click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.

Or
Reboot, and repeatedly press F11. Follow on screen prompts.

Good Luck