WI-FI TV wont connect to Orange Livebox

Solved/Closed
jaybob Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2012 - Jul 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM
 JAYBOB - Aug 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Hello,

Bought a Panasonic tv with viera connection allowing inbuilt access to internet. Followed instructions to connect to livebox using WEP ENCRYPTION but shows authentication error.
The available wireless networks shows livebox available. Have tried accessing by changing settings to WPA key. Pressed button 1 when trying to pair connection and even tried to set on Open basis. Tried removing Firewall, still didn't work.

Connected wired using ethernet cable and seems to work ok. Should I contact Orange to see if they are blocking connection for some reason
Related:

1 response

Jean-François Pillou Posts 18707 Registration date Monday February 15, 1999 Status Webmaster Last seen February 16, 2023  
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM
If your router is not too far from the TV, you should try first with a wired connection (Ethernet), in order to be sure that it could work. Then it will be time to go for wireless when it works !

Wired connection works ok. It would appear that I solved my problem by switching Livebox settings from WEP encryption to WPA key. Saved the change, switched back to WEP saved change and hey presto connection was successful