Battery meter popping up always on Dell1018

Closed
murrier1 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2012 - Aug 1, 2012 at 07:44 AM
murrier1 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2012 - Aug 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Hello,
On my dell Inspiron 1018 notebook the Battery Meter dialog box keeps popping up frequently. It generally happens while I type and is caused by any key at random.

If any one has seen this problem and sollllved it, I would appreciate their help.

The OS used is Windows 7. This started just today.

2 responses

vishal_s Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2012  
Aug 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Hi

My name is Vishal and i work for the Social Media and Community Team at dell. I can certainly help you in this regard. It appears that the battery of your Inspiron 1018 might be on a verge of its end of life. As per the issue that you have mentioned i would suggest you to open up the battery health meter and click on the second tab that says BATTERY HEALTH. It will give you the exact information about the life of the battery and it would also be easier for us to diagnose the problem whether it is a hardware failure of the popups that you are getting is due to a software malfunction.

Upon checking the same please reply to me so that we can help you further.

Thanks
Dell-Vishal S
Social Media Responder
murrier1 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 1, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Hello Vishal,

Thank you for the fast reply.

The Battery Meter screen that pops up on my Dell Inspiron 1018 has two tabs "Battery Staus" and "Battery Life" The battery status screen shows the discharge / charge status, the batteery name, battery identifier, manufacturer, battery chemistry and a statement "Your battery is operating normally.

The battery life screen shows a tickbox to stop charging of the battery until the next restart.

Hope this will he helpful.

Regards,
Murrier1.