Conditional Formatting Excel 2007

Closed
Toya - Aug 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM
ExcelJosh Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2012 Status Contributor Last seen October 12, 2012 - Sep 5, 2012 at 08:27 AM
Hello,

I am trying to create a rule that when "yes" is selected in the drop down menu in cell F3 cells from A35:D39 are filled yellow, and if "no" is selected in the drop down menu in cell F3 the cells in A35:D39 will not have any fill color. I tried the rules in the conditional fomatting menu, but it seems like I can only get one to work at a time, and I tried looking for a VBA code that would work but no luck.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

1 response

ExcelJosh Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday August 8, 2012 Status Contributor Last seen October 12, 2012
Sep 5, 2012 at 08:27 AM
Toya:

Here is what I did when doing what you wanted. I created a data validation list in F3 of Yes or No. I then highlighted A35:D39. Clicked on the "Home" tab and selected Conditional Formatting and then "New Rule". Select "Use a formula to determine which cells to format". You can then type in "=$F$3="Yes"". Select "Format", then click the "Fill" tab, select yellow and then "ok". Now, go and change the list from yes to no and back and forth. Each time, you have to move out of that cell in order for the change to take effect.

I hope this helps.

If you want, you can use the "Record Macro" in the "Developer" tab to see the code that would be created with this process.

Good luck,
Josh