How do I download flash player 10 on vista???

Solved/Closed
deanhouson Posts 2 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 - Feb 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM
 Hotstuff - Aug 24, 2010 at 01:59 PM
Hello,
I used to have the new flash player working fine, then late last week my internet explorer kept crashing saying it was an ad on problem and advised me to download the newest flash player.
On saturday i tried to do this, all works fine, i install activx, click run, etc.
It gets to the final screen where you sopposed to see the movie once its downloaded and nothing happens!!!!!!
I can hardly view any of my web pages....please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related:

34 responses

After having been asked to update my Flash Player, from 9 to 10... I could no longer watch YouTube.com video's, nor could I watch Myspace.com video's etc. Because every time I would try, I would get a message error stating, that, my Java Script was either turn off, or, I needed to update to the latest Flash Player... Yadda! yadda! yadda!!

And, well. Needless to say... after having dedicated most of my weekend to solving this issue... Here is what fixed it, for me anyway!! LOL

NOTE!! I too read everywhere online, that, I needed enable a couple of settings within my Internet Explorer / Internet Options / Security. THIS DID NOTHING!!

If you are running Windows Vista, and you update to Flash Player 10??? You need to download, unzip, open, and run THIS Debugger exe file from the Flash Player website.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe

Good Luck!! Joe
I have had the same problem for a week which has driven me mad. Thankyou so much for the solution which has worked for me too. This fixes the problem with no hassle at all. I hope others with the problem listen to your advice too. Many thanks. Dave.
Joe ur the best! It worked for me too! I have spent 3 days of lookin on internet how to fix that problem and i was gettin really frustrated.Thank you very much!!!
Thank you so much Joe. - I had the same problem and tried for about a week to fix it. - Your answer fixed my problem in about 1-2 minutes. I am very grateful~!
THANKS SO MUCH. IT WORKED. I BEEN WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM ALL DAY. YOU ARE A LIVESAVER!!!!
stinker > gibsongirl
Apr 29, 2009 at 09:19 PM
thanks Joe, I'm in Asia and couldn't get any geeks here to help me, your solution did the trick.
I finally got flashplayer to work in firefox running Vista. Go to the folder: C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash

Right click on "uninstall activex" and run as administrator
Right click on "uninstall" (whatever the other one says) and run as administrator

Rename the folder flash.old

NOW download flash player and install (remember, install from a folder with right click, not from download) run as administrator

NOW install flash player.
It worked for me!
I tried what Joe say-did not work. Did the installing through the administrator. This was the answer!
Thank you swan sailor
thanks for help me
JOE! You STAR! I had the youtube window open as I read your solution and as soon as i installed the debug it worked immediately - THANKYOU!X
Joe, you are an absolute STAR!!
I was about to rip my hair out, and be bald forever
then you came along and did this
THANK YOU!!!
I know you get this alot, but I think you're awesome
I'm eternally grateful Joe!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hey joee!! thanks my brooo!! youre debugged link helped! smh id thought id never see youtube videos again! god bless ya man! youre a genius man. lol
Nevriazmeni vista zvista
Jun 10, 2009 at 11:56 AM
I DOWNLOADED THE DEBUGGER BUT WHEN I OPEN IT AND IT SAYS ERROR FILE OPENING FOR WRITING.I UNINSTALLED IT AND RETRYED SAME THING OVER AND OVER....I DID GET TO OPEN UP YOU TUBE AND ERROR CAME UP SAYING THAT OTHERS WHERE IN PROCESS OF OPENING.. BUT IT DONT WORK NO MORE EITHER IT SAYS I NEED TO INSTAL FLASH PLAYER....I READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE TO ,UNZIP IT AND RUN IT,, I MAY HAVE OPENED IT WRONG OR UNZIPED? PLEASE HELP I CANT LIVE WITH OUT BELLY DANCE ON U TUBE,,:(
DA LINK DID NOT WORK 4 M3!!!PLZ HELLP ME!!!!IM GETTIN SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!
Yeah I have had the same problem with this. I have windows vista.
But does the flash player affect iTunes because that hasnt been working correctly either since i have been getting these messages about how I need to download the latest version of adobe flash player. I tried and tried but what happened to me happened to you. SO maybe go to there solution center.
joe you are the man i owe you a beer
thanks Joe...very useful...i tried everything but nothing helped...ur link helped me to iron out the prob within seconds :)
I tried Joe's solution above, and just wanted to say thanks. It worked fine. Now as long as I log in to Internet Explorer as the Administrator the Flash Player works fine.
Anonymous User
Jul 26, 2009 at 02:05 PM
gems de nokai 6124
Joe, you are a star !!!!!! I had this problem for the last few weeks and could not resolve it!!
Thank you again!!
thanks so much man was driven me crazy
I don't know how to describe you!!!!!!!!
I have had this problem for eons!!! (more than 7 months) amd had given up.
Today I decided to google "Why can't I update my Flash Player permanently?"
Your post came up, I downloaded the link you gave and
END OF STORY!!
END OF STORY!!
END OF STORY!!
END OF STORY!!
END OF STORY!!
ya i had the same problem
but when the error thing pops up
dont click retry
or cancel
just click ignore
it works =)
hope i helped
Thanks Joe, It really worked!! :)
Joe ... the solution didnt work for me mate? Driving me absolutley crazy. Do you have any idea why it wouldnt work using this solution?

Done everything... crazy. Still no joy.

Cheers,
Lloyd.
thanks so much joe, i was having the same problem, and i was getting frustrated already. it tried your solution and it works fine
i had this problem for months.. tried uninstalling, reinstallation, runing the debugger, deleting flash, internet explorer, everything.. nothing helped. eventually but the bullet and got someone to fix it for me - www.fixedlikemagic.com was the cheapest and easiest by far - you dont even have to move your computer.