How to get network drivers back

Closed
cowtippen mama Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2012 - Sep 23, 2012 at 05:03 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 24, 2012 at 04:19 AM
Hello,
Hi there,I did a clean uninstall of windows xp pro and ended up with no network drivers and such.I have now got windows proffesional 2002 and not sure what to do here.How can I get my drivers back and can I reinstall xp home or pro??Help me pleassssse.TY

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 24, 2012 at 04:19 AM
Hi cowtippen mama,

Need a small clarification. Which operating system do you have installed now, Windows XP home / Professional? Also, please help me understand what is windows proffesional 2002, it is an invalid operating system. Do follow the steps below to check which network card you have in the machine:

1. Right click computer icon on the desktop.
2. Select Manage.
3. Select Device Manager from the right pane of the window that opens.
4. Expand Network adapters from right pane.
5. This will list the network card installed in the machine.
6. Right click the network card and select Properties.
7. Click details tab.
8. Select Device instance Id from the drop down list.
9. Reply with details listed in the Device instance id.

With the correct version of operating system and the Device Id for the network card I can find the driver for the network card.

Do reply with results.