Desktop will not turn in

Closed
zonnya Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 14, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2012 - Nov 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Hello, My Dell Inspiron 531 will not turn in. I hear six beeps. I have turned it on and entered F8 reatly and it still will not come on.
Thanks

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Hi zonnya,

6 beep codes for Inspiron 531 indicates Video BIOS test failure. This means Video card failure. Inspiron 531 generally comes with onboard video, which means the Video Card is integrated on the motherboard itself. This will require you to replace the motherboard.

If you have a video card installed in the machine try the below mentioned steps.

1. Remove the computer cover (Note: To guard against electrical shock, laceration by moving fan blades, or other unexpected injuries, always unplug your computer from the electrical outlet before opening the cover also remove the external peripherals.)
2. Remove the Video Card from the motherboard and replace it back; it must be in PCI connector (PCI3) or PCI connector (PCI2). For more details on how to remove the components check the below mentioned link:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-531_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

3. If the issue is not fixed after reseating the Video Card, remove the Video Card and try with the Onboard Video.
4. If the computer works fine with the onboard video replace the Video Card or continue using Onboard Video only.

Please revert for clarification