Pc get shut down automatically

Closed
dattajadhav Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 14, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2012 - Nov 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Hello,

I have my PC with Configuration
Processor : p4
Motherboard : Intel
Ram 2GB
Whenever i Switch On or Power ON my Computer, After 10 -15 mints it will get shut down automatically kindly provide resolution for the same..
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Hi dattajadhav,

The problem you have reported might happen owing to either Software issues or Hardware issues. Follow the steps below to isolate hardware/software problem in the machine:

1. Power on/restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key.
2. When the Advanced Boot Menu appears, select Safe Mode.
3. Keep the computer powered on in this mode and see if the computer powers off here also.
4. If the computer won't power off in Safe Mode, it is probably a software issue.
5. If it powers off in Safe Mode as well go to the System Setup (BIOS) and keep the computer powered and check if the computer stays on.
6. If the computer stays on in the BIOS, this could be a problem with some software. Otherwise it could be a Hardware Problem.

Once you have isolated the issue please do write back to us. Further include the Intel motherboard model number in your reply.