My laptop wont accept my mp3

Closed
cleverusername Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2012 - Dec 13, 2012 at 08:38 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Hello,
I've got a sony mp3 player, its at least a few years old but I've never had any issues with it. Tonite I connected it to my laptop like usual, but it was as though the laptop wouldn't even acknowledge its existance. I searched through similar questions on this site, and all the advice I could find had to do with going through the device manager and portable devices. My problem is that there is no portable device registered. When I do a search through the entire computer for "sony" "mp3" "walkman" etc, nothing pops up. My sister had the same mp3 player, and I tried using her cd for the software, and again nothing happened.

Any other suggestions would be SO much appreciated!!

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 13, 2012 at 09:40 PM
Hi cleverusername,

If you could mention in your reply what model of Sony MP3 player you have, that could help a lot in finding the fix for the problem. A few generic steps you can try are mentioned below:

1. Try connecting this MP3 player to another computer and check if it is detected.
2. If this MP3 player connects through USB, do check if other USB devices such as a pen drive, etc. are working or not.
3. Also, if this MP3 player connects through a cable, try a different cable and see if this works.

Please do write back to us.
cleverusername Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
In the settings in the player it says NWZ-E344. The weird thing is, is when I connect it to the computer it charges, but the screen that shows when a track is playing shows up, instead of the generic "charging" that always has, Ive used this usb cord in the past but I'll look for a different one to try in case. Someone said it could be a driver problem, except I have no idea where I'd go to find something to download, or what I'd even be looking for :/
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Hi cleverusername,

From the model Number (NWZ-E344) you mentioned, I could find that it is 8 GB Walkman Digital Player. Try downloading and updating the firmware from the below mentioned link and check if the MP3 player is detected:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/digital-music-players-nw-nwz-e-series/nwz-e344#/downloadTab

Select the appropriate Operating System from the drop down, download and store the files in an accessible location. Uninstall any existing firmware and drivers and then begin a fresh install.

Do reply with results.