Problem because i force shutdown my HP laptop

Closed
Islandbella Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2012 - Dec 15, 2012 at 04:43 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 17, 2012 at 07:23 AM
Hello,

My Hp laptop screen wasnt displaying well, and so i force shut down my laptop..Anyways..it always worked when tat happens before...But since yesterday, everytime I turn the power on, it would only start up and then display the same message again n again...but never going to when i would type password for the actual desktop to show up...I really am wanting this to be fixed..I have no clue what to do with this problem..
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 15, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Hi

Please explain: "then display the same message again n again..."
...This is Island Bella..Thanks for the reply...Heres whats on the laptop screen...." We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked. If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Heres the options...

Safe Mode,Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) or Start windows Normally...

Even with all these options it will still start up and then come back to this messages......Never getting to the part where i type the password for the actual desktop to show up...

Hope this info helps..as i really want this laptop to work...hahah...Thanks everyone for your concern and attempt at helping me...I know..it was careless of me to shut down my laptop without thinking of the consequences....
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 17, 2012 at 06:23 AM
What is the laptop's make and model?
Islandbella again..Thanks Ambucias for showing concern..anyways..Heres everything in the SYSTEM INFORMATION....

Manufacturer....Hewlett-Packard
Notebook Model....HP Compaq 6710b
SKU Number....GY260PS#ABG
Service ID....00000
Processor Type...Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250
Porcessor Speed....2000MHz
Cache Size (L1/L2)....64/2048 KB
Memory Size....2048 MB
Rom BIOS Version...F.10

Anyways...I have given u more than what u asked..hahah...Anyways..yes..Heres..the Make & Model...Manufacturer....Hewlett-Packard......Notebook Model....HP Compaq 6710b
Dec 17, 2012 at 07:21 AM
I suggest that you make a system recovery. You will lose data but it's better than a dead laptop. Hahaha!

To determine if the HP Recovery Manager is operational, press the power switch to turn on the computer, and then repeatedly press f11 during the startup. If the Recovery Manager is operational, the computer will display a prompt to either (1) recover the operating system from files stored on the recovery partition, or (2) create a set of recovery discs which does not require the purchase of a replacement recovery disc.
Dec 17, 2012 at 07:23 AM
Login off now for 10 hours.