It seems the problem is with the keyboard settings. Try the below mentioned steps and remove other languages from the keyboard layout and check if this fixes the issue:
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.
3. Enter language, choose Settings, and then tap or click Add a language.
4. Unselect all the languages except US English.
5. Tap or click Options next to the language name, and then under Input method, tap or click Add an input method.
6. Browse the input method list or use the search box to find the keyboard layout you want to use.
7. Double-tap or double-click the keyboard layout, and then tap or click Save.