I did not power off last night and just closed the lid. Apparently the power adapter was unplugged and the battery ran down. When I plugged it in I noticed that the light next to where the power plugs in to the computer went from white to orange. After leaving it alone for awhile I removed the battery and unplugged it and then put battery back in and plugged it in. The white light stays white now but the computer does nothing when I push the power button. Can anyone please suggest what I should try before buying a replacement? The laptop is no more than 6 months old and buying a replacement would be terrible financially. Thanks very much for any assistance that might be provided.
You should try the following:
1. remove the battery and unplug the laptop
2. press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds
3. replace the battery and plug the power cord into the wall outlet
4. try turning the computer on again.