Registration date
Friday January 25, 2013
Status
Last seen
January 25, 2013
-
 Miller -
Hello,
I am having 'problems with the keys on my Acer Aspire laptop. Everytime I type certain keys, other keyboard functions become active:

- = -$ q = zq
t = vt u = bu
p = 'p (right arrow) =] and right arrow
(Space) = j and space; a , followed by a j as well (Delete) = 3 and delete

It's very irritating and, is, the very first, time that, i've, had, to, deal, with, something, like, this...., help, :(

4 replies

Registration date
Monday May 27, 2013
Status
Last seen
May 27, 2013

i have a laptop toshiba satellite and my keyboard when typing the cursor with move backwards and types over what you typed already and windows and it will move to the point that it will open firefox or other programs this is frustrating. its been going on for a long time. but some tmes it is worst than other. lately it seems to be getting worst. while typing this it did it. I was typing and cursor moved way up to almost the begging. HELP!!! thanks in advance. p.s. I hope I am in the right place / forum. I am new at this.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2898 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Can you test with an external USB keyboard?

This has all the signs of a broken keyboard.
Registration date
Friday January 25, 2013
Status
Last seen
January 25, 2013

Tried it and the external keyboard worked just fine. I talked to some friends and they all told me that I have to clean my keyboard. O.o my keyboard looked fine until I took out the keys. It's working fine now, but I still don't get what that has to do with the functioning of the keyboard.
thank you! I had the same problem.... but now its fine!
I have these exact problem with the exact duplicates on my Acer Aspire E15. How did you take out the keys
Registration date
Monday May 27, 2013
Status
Last seen
May 27, 2013

this is hairry potter I typed my name wrong, but the point I am typing again is I didn't mention I tried several things, like the enhance point mouse thing that didn't work and I added two softwares, 1-alps something or other, 2-freeze something? HELP!! thanks