Dual boot or downgrade to xp

Closed
michele - Feb 14, 2009 at 03:27 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 14, 2009 at 03:48 PM
Hello,
I just bought a hp laptop dv7-1204us and want to either downgrade to xp windows or dual boot. It has visa hom on it right now. Can I do this myself or do I need someone who is very technical? ALso purchase the 3 year protection plan, if i do this will this null and void my plan? should I just upgrade to business vista? does anyone have any advice for me. This computer is for an office that is running on xp windows and is networked.

If you suggest downgrading or dual boot can you give me the instructions or the website to go to.

Thanks for all your help!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 14, 2009 at 03:48 PM
Dual boot is the answer if you find that you need Windows XP to run specific programs. HP offers a few specific XP compatible business class computers, for the others they do NOT offer drivers or support. The 3 year protection plan is useless - It must have VISTA loaded or they will not service the computer. Go here for info on dual boot:

https://www.techradar.com/news/apcmag