Antentication

Closed
asadullah Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2008 - May 11, 2008 at 10:02 AM
 ItPhorge.com - May 12, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Hello,
whats is computers Autentication

1 response

I believe you may have meant "Authentication"

in referring to a computer, It is typically authentication against a Domain network. meaning that the computer has permission to access resources, typically including things ranging from internet access, shared printers, shared devices, and shard media (storage). When a computer is authenticated on a network, It usually sets restrictions based on the computer, then adds restrictions based on the user. the user permissions are set the same way as computer permissions. one thing worth mentioning is that windows (and almost all other networks) use a most possible restrictions policy, so even though I'm a domain admin, My permissions could be restricted to guest level if thats the domain controllers setting for the computer I am using. or if I am on a computer that is a domain controller logged on as a guest, then I may (should) have extremely restricted access to the computer/resources. just like your email, If you do not login, then Gmail is useless, but once you authenticate, you get access to your email and it becomes incredibly useful.