Computer Restarting Blank Screen HELP [Solved/Closed]

miss_ub - May 10, 2008 at 09:40 AM - Latest reply:  chaz
- Aug 22, 2010 at 05:06 PM
Hi..so I just bought a new computer and the power supply was hooked up wrong (according to the diagnostics I got from the store I bought it from) and they said it was fried. So I went out and purchased a new motherboard, and installed my hard drive, etc to the new motherboard. Now the same issue I had with the old computer, is happening to this computer. The computer keeps randomly restarting/turning off and sometimes when I turn it back on, it dosent do anything, and its as if nothing is coming through to the monitor. Im thinking it might be my power supply or fan which I am going to switch now, but does anyone know what could be causing this??? thanks
See more 

7 replies

ammoun 10 Posts Sunday August 1, 2004Registration date May 22, 2008 Last seen - May 12, 2008 at 04:08 AM
Thank you
It could be your Graphic card since nothing comes to screen ...

But does it make Bips when you switch the PC on ?
Thank you
I am having some similar problems.Initially I was not getting any connection from the cpu to the monitor quite a lot of times.Then it showd "bluee screen of death"symptoms,after startup,hanging badly and then the BSOD symptom.Now sometimes a black screen is shown after startup and everything hangs or boot screen hangs by itself or sometimes while booting my windows the screen hangs and stucks up there.Also during boot,the functional keys are not working.So I cannot check the hard disk.I have a dual boot system with suse and windows xp,where in suse by itself again some other problems are there like lan port disables by itself if suse is booted and even after reboot with windows,it doesnot work.
Is it any problem with the RAM?please help.urgent.I have work to do urgently in my computer.
Thank you
Check All Of Your IDE Cables and make sure they are connected properly also check the harddrives and motherboard ide slots to make sure there are no pins missing.. another problem could be the harddrive itself if it has been dropped or just not shut down properly..as to it will corrupt the harddrive so run disk check under system tools. If its neither of those check your ram memory try to install old memory that you used to use to see if it will at least boot up.. also try to uninstall some recently installed updates programs etc.. 60% of the time its a program/update if u are unable to boot and u dont know much about computers boot it into safe mode by pressing F8 when the computer starts to boot before the boot logo.. alot of people say its bcuz of the Graphics card but if it was your screen resolution would be set to a higher mode and it would show up as a question mark under device manager..and yes it may be your cpu fan but only if its not working as to it may have shorted out other than that your computer would just over heat and burn out the processor and the last thing is check you processor it may have been disrupted check to see if there is any foreign objects in on or around the processor.. hope it helps if not explain what the problem is send me an email and I can help you personally my email is JRBoi89@aol.com
Thank you
Check the switch on the front of the computer. I was fixing a friends computer, and his computer was turning on and off randomly. The switch was the last thing I checked. Got a new one on ebay for $9. Hopefully you have another computer with a switch that is easily hooked up. That way you can swap parts to test. Search ebay and google for "your computer name" front panel IO. After starting a stopped so many times it killed his motherboard and I also had to change it.
Thank you
i am guessing it is your fan that has broke and when you use it, the fan can only run for like 5mins and then it turns off auto because it prevnts the coputer from blowing up, I hope this helps you, the best soloution isto take it to a shop and get it fixed the price really depends on if you need a nw fan or not mabye its minor problem. :]
yogui7 133 Posts Wednesday February 20, 2008Registration date February 6, 2009 Last seen - May 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Thank you
if its a beep , it can be the ram also , well am not that good with computer , but thats what a friend told me !
lucia4love 5 Posts Monday May 12, 2008Registration date May 14, 2008 Last seen - May 14, 2008 at 02:38 PM
Thank you
Hello,
My name is lucia I see adress at(ccm.net ) I am a lovely and caring girl.I love to establish a relationship with you.Please reply me through my private e-mail box;(luciakofia45@yahoo.com)l promise you when l see your note l will send you my pictures, Thanks and am waiting to hear from you soonest,
lucia.