Gateway Tower doesnt boot up Power surge

Closed
Jon Mills - 10 Mar 2013 à 18:03
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 - 11 Mar 2013 à 17:22
Hello,
I have a gateway computer that will not turn on. I reacently had a power surge after that the computer didnt work. During the surge the power strip blew.
What i have already done
removed all ram strips
Smelt for burn electronics (doesnt smell)
Tested for electricity in the mother bord and other parts (had low poer in each part)
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
11 Mar 2013 à 17:22
Hi

Sure sounds like a fried motherboard and power inlet.

I suggest that you should get yourself a very early Xmas present (PCU), but keep your harddisk for the data. I also suggest that you get a good power bar with surge protection. Most offer a warranty against power surge damages.

Good luck
xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
10 Mar 2013 à 23:54
Did you check with the power company to file a claim for damages?
I Would not be able to it was a lose wire in my metter