Delete delta search engine

Solved/Closed
severight Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2013 - Mar 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM
 omger - Feb 26, 2014 at 08:56 PM
hi i have recently downloaded delta by mistake and once i realized it i went to my uninstall programs and uninstalled it and its toolbar and programs that came with it. but i have noticed that when i restart my cpu and click on google chrome google crome opens and another tab opens with it and it is the delta search engine page i also noticed that i am signed out of google and i have to sync my google acct with my google chorme can u please help me get rid of the delta search engine
Related:

9 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 11, 2013 at 05:02 PM
Hello,

Download the following Adwcleaner created by Xplode

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/6911-adwcleaner/

Launch it (for Windows 7 and 8, click right to run as administrator)

Click on delete

Post the log C:\Adwcleaner[Sx].txt on this thread.

Ambucias
Moderator, Virus/Security Contributor
Thank you so much. This piece of software cleans all types of stupid search engines that other free softwares mostly install on your browsers. Thanks a bunch.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 24, 2013 at 05:32 AM
you are most welcome and thank you for your feedback
thanks
thank you so much this has helped me tooo!!! so happy to have got rid of it as i have been trying for soooooo long!! thank you!!
Hey working superb...
Bernardo_Oliveira Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2013 10
Apr 7, 2013 at 04:29 PM
hey

for any case it will happen again, in order for Delta to be cleared out of Chrome i have used this method which worked for me:

Open Chrome. Click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon
Under "On startup", choose the option "Open a specific page or set of pages."
Click on "Set pages" and delete Delta's page from the list by clicking the small "x" icon besides it
In order to change the Search Engine in Google Chrome, please follow the instructions below:
Click on Settings > Under "Search" click on "Manage search engines...": If you see Delta Search as default, please click on a different option (Google, Bing etc.), make it default
Remove Delta by clicking the small 'x'
You may also check if any Delta extension is installed in your Google Chrome. For this, please do as follows:
Go to Tools > Extensions
Remove any Delta extension (Translator, Toolbar) from the list by clicking on the small trash can icon that will appear when you point the cursor over it.
Thank you SO much. This helped alot.
well Done buddy ,was very useful
totally worked ty!!!
Thank you!!! You saved my PC!!
Thank you so much mush you have resolved my problem. i am very thankful to you. At last i get rid from delta search engine. thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
iamdinesh Posts 69 Registration date Tuesday December 4, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2018 22
Apr 5, 2013 at 04:22 AM
hello
as u mention that you are currently working with a search engine named delta which is installed on ur browser chrome if you want to remove it you can go to its extension and remove it and if you want to change the search engine you can go
chrome >>> options >>> default search engine >>> change it through bing, google, yahoo...
tnx i have got rid of it
yay!
awesome man....thanks
problem solved

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi
I am having major problems with this Delta thing...I have gone through all the steps above which has removed it from IE and Chrome....almost! It's gone from IE and it's gone from normal Chrome, but if I go into Stealth mode in Chrome (i.e. Ctrl-Shift-N), then I'm right back at Delta again!!!

Any ideas anyone...???
I'm right with you, man. I've done all of these steps and delta is still hijacking my browser every time I open a new page.
Goodone Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2013
Aug 11, 2013 at 04:53 PM
I have also inadvertently downloaded delta, tried 'all' the steps recommended, but I still get http://www1.delta-search.com/ when I click on a new tab. Someone also suggested go to Run from Windows button and copy/paste a file path %LOCALAPPDATA% > GoogleChrome > User Data, which was supposed to be replacement back up, but I don't see any new folder to take me anywhere new and enable me to remove any old back ups.
I have the same problem with Delta Search. I have removed it from my extensions in Chrome, I have made Google my search engine, I have gone the way of removing the path in user data............Still the rubbish keep hijacking my computer, whenever I start up Google Chrome. Please HELP!
Aug 23, 2013 at 05:56 AM
Have you read my answer and solution ?
Thank you boss, it worked so good........software is awesome
removing delta search from CHROME
1>firstly uninstall delta software from control panel -> uninstall programs.
2>then open chrome in admin mode and remove delta extensions from your extension list
3>then update your search engines in "Manage Search Engines" settings.
4>finally reset your homepage info
venudreamer Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 at 06:30 AM
Its awesome...
# AdwCleaner v3.019 - Report created 27/02/2014 at 03:45:31
# Updated 17/02/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 8 (64 bits)
# Username : stefpistop - ACER
# Running from : C:\Users\stefpistop\Downloads\adwcleaner.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

File Found : C:\END
Folder Found C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit
Folder Found C:\Users\STEFPI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\NativeMessaging
Folder Found C:\Users\STEFPI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\TempDir
Folder Found C:\Users\stefpistop\AppData\Local\Conduit
Folder Found C:\Users\stefpistop\AppData\Local\NativeMessaging
Folder Found C:\Users\stefpistop\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Conduit
Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\SmartBar
Key Found : HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{1663C10B-0D55-438D-8496-19A3DBAEC0E4}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{6E993643-8FBC-44FE-BC85-D318495C4D96}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{A43DE495-3D00-47D4-9D2C-303115707939}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497}

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.16798

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v26.0 (en-US)

[ File : C:\Users\stefpistop\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\7imjxma2.default\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v33.0.1750.117

[ File : C:\Users\stefpistop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1623 octets] - [27/02/2014 03:45:31]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1683 octets] ##########