Help! Browser Will Not Open

Closed
Targa2000 Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 8, 2013 - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Targa2000 Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 8, 2013 - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Ok here is the deal... Computer was working fine last night and this morning when I booted it up the browser (Chrome) would not open up. I am wireless so I checked that and had good reception and it said it was connected. I have tried rebooting the computer, and unplugging the router (electric and internet service). I know it is not the service because the computer I'm typing this on is up and running on the same dlink connection. Now I tried system restore on the computer that doesn't work and it has been sitting there for over an hour with this message " Please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring your registry" What shall I do????
Related:

1 response

Targa2000 Posts 2 Registration date Monday April 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Ok... Update.... The computer finely did restore and that took care of the problem!!! But I wonder what made it do that and what to do if it happens again? System Restore again?