WIRELESS OR NOT

Solved/Closed
Freedomcaller Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 17, 2013 - Apr 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
 FreedomCaller - Apr 17, 2013 at 09:42 PM
Hello and Aloha :

I was told that going wireless is not the best due to hacking problems that can occur when your system is done in this manner rather than with the usual wiring of the box or CPU which is for the desk model that I now have .

This box or CPU system now belongs to a friend and will be giving it back when I am able to afford a new CPU system since mine went completely out due to age .

I wanted an answer that will help me make a better decision before I did any purchases that may be not to the best of my intentions . I will truly be grateful if I can get an individual (not a person since this word means / an entity ) whereas you are simply a human with a soul. ... just something I can rely on or even take precedence as to what I can do .

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 17, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Hello

Please, rest assured that all members on this forum are human beings (with flesh and bones) and volunteers. Kioskea is a mutual aid community.

From experience, a cable connection is much safer than a wireless. Again, you must have a good antivirus application such as Kaspersky, F-Secure or AVG and firewall.

The problem with wireless is that some people roaming have found ways to tap-in to your connection.

The type of CPU you will purchase has nothing to do with the type of connection, all can be adapted to wireless, unless you purchase a pad or tablet.

Best regards
FreedomCaller
Apr 17, 2013 at 09:42 PM
thank you and much Aloha for the answer ...