Write protection problem

Closed
amitdey004 Posts 1 Registration date Monday May 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2013 - May 6, 2013 at 07:46 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 8, 2013 at 03:45 AM
Respected Sir,
I cannot remove write protection from 16gb transcend pen drive which i used in dell laptop, OS windows 7. I also tried to solve the problem by following your previous suggestion given to other friends. I am waiting for your feedback solution.

Thank You
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 8, 2013 at 03:45 AM
Hi amitdey004,

This problem seems to be related to the pen drive. Try the below mentioned steps and see if you are able to remove write protection:

1. Click "Start".
2. Click "Run".
3. Type "CMD" and hit Enter.
4. Type "Diskpart" and hit Enter, this will open another window.
5. In this new window type "List Disk" and hit Enter.
6. Make a note of the disk ### for your pen drive.
7. Type "Attribute disk clear readonly" and hit Enter.
8. Type "Select disk ###" (### is the number of the USB pen drive you've plugged in) and hit Enter.
9. Restart the computer and see if the pen drive works.

If the issue persists, please reply with the exact System Model Number of your Dell Laptop and the exact Model Number of the Transcend pen drive so that I can research on the issue.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell