My screen stays black

Solved/Closed
AJ Michaels Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday May 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - May 15, 2013 at 03:07 AM
AJ Michaels Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday May 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 21, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Hello,

My desktop computer powers up when i press the power button on the CPU, then automatically switches off after about 3 seconds, and then automatically starts after about another 5 second and then runs. The Power supply runs fine, there's 2 lights under the power button of my CPU, 1 is green and the other one is supposed to be green but now stays yellow. My screen stays black with its power button flashing green.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 15, 2013 at 08:38 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

It seems like system is getting restarted not switching itself off and one of the

reason is because of bad RAM.

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlinks "Images".

RAM

Removing a RAM

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem.

If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the

display. If you failed to get any display then change the slot. If you still failed to

get the display then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

If you are using a graphic card, then remove it and place it back properly.

Good Luck
AJ Michaels Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday May 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013
Aug 21, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Thanks a lot buddy. It was a bad RAM.