PROGRAM IN JAVA

Closed
stevor12 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 21, 2013 - May 21, 2013 at 08:18 AM
GeorgeRattel Posts 67 Registration date Monday September 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2013 - Sep 12, 2013 at 03:33 AM
I WRITE A PROGRAM OF SIMPLE CALCULATOR USING JAVA AND I DONT KNOW HOW GO ABOUT IT. PLS LET SOME ONE HELP ME
Related:

2 responses

Atabong Felix Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 21, 2013 1
May 21, 2013 at 01:43 PM
When You write your codes for the program in using the JAVA high level programmming language you need a JAVA compiler in your computer to compile your codes in Java. if you have the C compiler you try a program I wrote below.

/* A PROGRAM TO CALCULATE TWO NUMBERS */
#include<stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
int a , b , sum;
printf("ADDITION OF TWO NUMBERS\N");
printf("enter a, a="); scanf("%d", &a);
printf("enter b, b="); scanf("%d", &b);

sum = a+b;

printf("sum=%d", sum);
return 0;

Then compile the program and run it as an executable file. I Will prepare you some notes in JAVA, Pascal and C.
end.
GeorgeRattel Posts 67 Registration date Monday September 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2013 11
Sep 12, 2013 at 03:33 AM
In java it's way more simple
import System.util.Scanner;

Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in);
System.out.println("Kindly enter a number");
double a = (double)scan.next();
System.out.println("Kindly enter another number");
double b = (double)scan.next();
System.out.println ("enter 1, to add, 2 to sub etc...)
int x=scan.nextInt();
if (x==1)
System.out.println(a + " + " + b + " = " + x);
if (x==2)
System.out.println(a + " - " + b + " = " + x);

you can surrond that with a while function to start again after it finishes, and you can add as many variables you like...now that's a very simple calculator that doesn't uses a GUI