WiFi networks don't show up anymore

Closed
SixPathsOfPain Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2013 - May 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 23, 2013 at 07:03 AM
Ok so my internet would keep on saying limited access from time to time mostly when i download stuff and play youtube videos so i want on a forum and it said to change.my preferred dns or something to 4.2.4.2
So after i applied that wifi networks wont show up anymore and it disconnected my internet.Any help thank you.

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 23, 2013 at 07:03 AM
Hi,

As you have not mentioned the Operating System in your computer, I am providing the steps for Windows 7. Please try these and check:

1. Run "Windows 7 Network Troubleshooter". To run "Windows 7 Network Troubleshooter", right-click the network icon in the notification area of your taskbar, and then click "Troubleshoot problems".
2. Check for "Wireless Radio switch" or any special key combination for switching on the wireless. (Check antenna connections if you have a Desktop).
3. After performing steps 1 and 2 if wireless network found, try to Connect and go online else, follow the next step.
4. Check Device Manager for wireless card. Click here to find steps on how to find the installed Wireless Network Adapters. If detected follow next step, else load BIOS defaults and re-seat the wireless card (refer to the Service Manual of the computer/wireless card for steps on how to re-seat the wireless card).

Do reply with results.