Copying and Opening DVD-RW Disk file

Closed
carinalaroza Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2013 - Jun 12, 2013 at 01:33 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 12, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Hello,

I bought three 4.75GB DVD-RW disks to put my 9gb file (since I have no USB) in another computer. What I did was put the first 4GB in the first disk, the other 4GB in the second disk, and the 1GB in the last disk. Copying and burning the files were completed and successful. However, when I tried to put the disks in another computer, It wasn't reading. I clicked My Computer and I can see that there's "DVD RW DRIVE (F:)" but when i click it, there's nothing in there. After that, I just waited again and when I clicked, the files were there. So i copied the files in the computer. It was copying for some minutes, but then it stopped and said something like "Can't read the source file or disk", even when the DVD-RW disk is inserted idk why it is appening please help me Why is this happening?

I will be very grateful for your answers. ty :)
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 12, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Do you have a 9 GB file or a 9 GB folder? You don't say what version of Windows you are using. Some versions can not span a file onto multiple disks. Also DVD-RW drives/disks are not always compatible. I suggest you try DVD+R disks. The delay might have been Windows reading and indexing the entire disks before it could display the file names.

Good Luck