Popup reminder based on date and additional celll values
Solved/Closed
MikeTis
Posts
7
Registration date
Thursday 4 July 2013
Status
Member
Last seen
15 July 2013
-
4 Jul 2013 à 11:09
MikeTis Posts 7 Registration date Thursday 4 July 2013 Status Member Last seen 15 July 2013 - 15 Jul 2013 à 17:47
MikeTis Posts 7 Registration date Thursday 4 July 2013 Status Member Last seen 15 July 2013 - 15 Jul 2013 à 17:47
Related:
- Popup reminder based on date and additional celll values
- Send popup message to another computer on network windows 11 - Guide
- Based on the values in cells b77 b88 ✓ - Excel Forum
- Based on the values in cells b77 - Excel Forum
- Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your account while we're reviewing these additional documents. we appreciate your patience, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can ✓ - Facebook Forum
- Popup reminder - Guide
9 responses
TrowaD
Posts
2921
Registration date
Sunday 12 September 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
27 December 2022
555
4 Jul 2013 à 11:29
4 Jul 2013 à 11:29
Hi Mike, good idea of attaching sample file, you will need to upload your file to a filesharing site like www.speedyshare.com or ge.tt and then post back the download link.
Best regards,
Trowa
Best regards,
Trowa
MikeTis
Posts
7
Registration date
Thursday 4 July 2013
Status
Member
Last seen
15 July 2013
5 Jul 2013 à 09:37
5 Jul 2013 à 09:37
Hi Trowa,
thank you for your help.
I have uploaded the Excel to Speedyshare. The link to download is http://speedy.sh/ukjap/HE.xlsx
I have changed the file slightly for upload from my original posting so field references are no longer accurate.
Basically what I have been trying to figure out for a very long time now is how to have Excel look at todays date +1 in row 8, check corresponding column to see if there is text in the column, if there is pull the info from those cells and put into popup automatically one day before a column that contains text is due.
For example: on July 17, one day before E4 and E1 in column AK are due, excel would trigger a popup reminder. The popup would say something like NA - HE Public Sector (field A10) + E4 (field AK 10) and NA - HE Financial (field A11) + E1 (field AK 11) are due tomorrow.
There will be many rows of data so knowing when items are due one day before via a popup would be extremely useful versus searching down the worksheet manually.
Thank You for any advise or direction on how to accomplish this, it is greatly appreciated.
Mike
thank you for your help.
I have uploaded the Excel to Speedyshare. The link to download is http://speedy.sh/ukjap/HE.xlsx
I have changed the file slightly for upload from my original posting so field references are no longer accurate.
Basically what I have been trying to figure out for a very long time now is how to have Excel look at todays date +1 in row 8, check corresponding column to see if there is text in the column, if there is pull the info from those cells and put into popup automatically one day before a column that contains text is due.
For example: on July 17, one day before E4 and E1 in column AK are due, excel would trigger a popup reminder. The popup would say something like NA - HE Public Sector (field A10) + E4 (field AK 10) and NA - HE Financial (field A11) + E1 (field AK 11) are due tomorrow.
There will be many rows of data so knowing when items are due one day before via a popup would be extremely useful versus searching down the worksheet manually.
Thank You for any advise or direction on how to accomplish this, it is greatly appreciated.
Mike
TrowaD
Posts
2921
Registration date
Sunday 12 September 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
27 December 2022
555
8 Jul 2013 à 12:01
8 Jul 2013 à 12:01
Hi Mike,
Your query is clear to me now.
Unfortunately I can't create a pop up with all results. (we are talking about lots of rows, right?)
Unless someone else provides a solution I can give you 2 options.
1. Create a pop up for every single entry. This means in your last example you would get 2 pop ups. This could get annoying when you have to click away i.e. 10 pop ups.
2. Create a hidden sheet which only appears when file is opened and when there is something due tomorrow. This sheet could contain a button to confirm the list (same as OK button on a pop up message) and hide the sheet again.
A temporary overview sheet has more customization / formatting options then a pop up message.
Let me know what you want. And please let your thoughts loose so we can find maybe a different solution.
Best regards,
Trowa
Your query is clear to me now.
Unfortunately I can't create a pop up with all results. (we are talking about lots of rows, right?)
Unless someone else provides a solution I can give you 2 options.
1. Create a pop up for every single entry. This means in your last example you would get 2 pop ups. This could get annoying when you have to click away i.e. 10 pop ups.
2. Create a hidden sheet which only appears when file is opened and when there is something due tomorrow. This sheet could contain a button to confirm the list (same as OK button on a pop up message) and hide the sheet again.
A temporary overview sheet has more customization / formatting options then a pop up message.
Let me know what you want. And please let your thoughts loose so we can find maybe a different solution.
Best regards,
Trowa
MikeTis
Posts
7
Registration date
Thursday 4 July 2013
Status
Member
Last seen
15 July 2013
8 Jul 2013 à 17:42
8 Jul 2013 à 17:42
Hi Trowa,
Thank You for looking at this.
I never thought about a hidden sheet.Option 2 seems like it will work perfectly.
2. Create a hidden sheet which only appears when file is opened and when there is something due tomorrow. This sheet could contain a button to confirm the list (same as OK button on a pop up message) and hide the sheet again.
Thanks again,
Mike
Thank You for looking at this.
I never thought about a hidden sheet.Option 2 seems like it will work perfectly.
2. Create a hidden sheet which only appears when file is opened and when there is something due tomorrow. This sheet could contain a button to confirm the list (same as OK button on a pop up message) and hide the sheet again.
Thanks again,
Mike
TrowaD
Posts
2921
Registration date
Sunday 12 September 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
27 December 2022
555
9 Jul 2013 à 11:17
9 Jul 2013 à 11:17
Hi Mike,
Good to see you liked my idea.
Here is your file:
http://www.ge.tt/7fBwRKl/v/0
Let me know if tweaks are needed.
Best regards,
Trowa
Good to see you liked my idea.
Here is your file:
http://www.ge.tt/7fBwRKl/v/0
Let me know if tweaks are needed.
Best regards,
Trowa
MikeTis
Posts
7
Registration date
Thursday 4 July 2013
Status
Member
Last seen
15 July 2013
11 Jul 2013 à 16:04
11 Jul 2013 à 16:04
Hi Trowa,
this works beautifully. I never considered or even thought of a solution such as this and it works beautifully. This will save a lot of time and missed deadlines.
Thank You
this works beautifully. I never considered or even thought of a solution such as this and it works beautifully. This will save a lot of time and missed deadlines.
Thank You
MikeTis
Posts
7
Registration date
Thursday 4 July 2013
Status
Member
Last seen
15 July 2013
14 Jul 2013 à 06:54
14 Jul 2013 à 06:54
Hi Trowa,
I have been trying to figure out how to add a second reminder to this, first reminder 3 days before and the second reminder 1 day before that you have provided, Thank You very much.
I was able to build the hidden page and modify the code you build for 3 days but I cannot get it to work in conjunction with the 1 day reminder. I tried adding the new code for 3 days as an additional sub but not sure how to code the function to work together with the code you provided.
I have uploaded the file I tried to modify, it is at http://speedy.sh/MavUA/MikeTis-HETEST2.xls
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I have been trying to figure out how to add a second reminder to this, first reminder 3 days before and the second reminder 1 day before that you have provided, Thank You very much.
I was able to build the hidden page and modify the code you build for 3 days but I cannot get it to work in conjunction with the 1 day reminder. I tried adding the new code for 3 days as an additional sub but not sure how to code the function to work together with the code you provided.
I have uploaded the file I tried to modify, it is at http://speedy.sh/MavUA/MikeTis-HETEST2.xls
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
MikeTis
Posts
7
Registration date
Thursday 4 July 2013
Status
Member
Last seen
15 July 2013
14 Jul 2013 à 07:12
14 Jul 2013 à 07:12
Sorry, the file is at http://speedy.sh/fEpKk/MikeTis-HETEST2.xls
TrowaD
Posts
2921
Registration date
Sunday 12 September 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
27 December 2022
555
15 Jul 2013 à 12:03
15 Jul 2013 à 12:03
Hi Mike,
Good to see you tried first.
Here is your file:
http://www.ge.tt/1pnnWpl/v/0?c
Best regards,
Trowa
Good to see you tried first.
Here is your file:
http://www.ge.tt/1pnnWpl/v/0?c
Best regards,
Trowa
MikeTis
Posts
7
Registration date
Thursday 4 July 2013
Status
Member
Last seen
15 July 2013
15 Jul 2013 à 17:47
15 Jul 2013 à 17:47
Hi Trowa,
This is perfect. I cannot thank you enough. I spent a lot of time on research, trial and error and you were able to come up with a solution that works brilliantly.
Thanks Again.
This is perfect. I cannot thank you enough. I spent a lot of time on research, trial and error and you were able to come up with a solution that works brilliantly.
Thanks Again.