Software developments: my personal skills adventure

Closed
omode Posts 4 Registration date Thursday July 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2013 - Jul 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
trakt03 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday September 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2013 - Sep 19, 2013 at 06:25 PM
i want to invest in software engineering courses and certifications.
i am a student studying mathematics currently in my third year.I wish to study on my own as much as possible,but i don't know which programming language to start with.I need a Software developer as a mentor. I am passionate about duplicating the success of Microsoft but i don't know where to start. Can you help me start? I need the A-Z guide of becoming a software developer.I know a bit of FORTRAN programming language.I wish to go further sir. The cost of learning this courses are not almost encouraging especially when you don't know where to start. Some said go and enroll for Java,some said C++,others said buy textbooks on software engineering. It's a kinda confusing. Is software engineering difficult to master?
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 25, 2013 at 01:41 PM
Good afternoon,

It all depends on what you want to do with the software. Like in my case, I wanted to automate Basic Office Funcitons, so I started with VBSCRIPT. Then my needs fell to WEB based, so I learned ASP and JAVASCRIPT, along with DBO, and various other "components" needed to fullfill my requirements. I found myself in FLASH and C++. But those are the requiremetns that I had at the time.

If you have a want to learn, then sit down and learn how to write "HELLO WORLD", in what ever language suits YOUR NEED FOR YOUR REQUIREMENTS. There is not a single person that can tell you one language is more important than another, but I can tell that RUBY or any RUBY based language is really hot right now. If you have to ask what RUBY is, or how to get a console, google it.

Have fun.
omode Posts 4 Registration date Thursday July 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2013
Jul 26, 2013 at 05:57 AM
thank you ac3mark.
trakt03 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday September 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 at 06:22 PM
Yes,I want to sturdy as well
trakt03 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday September 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 at 06:25 PM
Its a good advise