DELL PC with XP The sound won't work on my PC at all?

Closed
Hailey8 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2013 - Jul 30, 2013 at 02:47 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 31, 2013 at 07:49 AM
I currently have a DELL PC with XP on it. Last week the keyboard got unplugged and when I plugged it back in it didn't work. The next morning it worked again, but the sound didn't. I deleted a bunch of programs earlier, but I tried to reformat my computer and it wouldn't allow me to. The speakers are plugged in and the lights on, and I tried using headphones and that didn't work either. I went on the volume control and it requires me to mute 3 categories at a time. I'm not sure which should be muted though. What should I do to make my sound work again?
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 31, 2013 at 07:49 AM
Hi Hailey8,

Since the problems started after you uninstalled a bunch of programs, it is recommended that you perform System Restore on your computer to ensure the software changes are ineffective. Click the below mentioned hyperlink for steps on how to perform System Restore.

How Do I Use the Windows System Restore Utility?

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6