Need to reboot sony viao laptop busted screen

Closed
chrispotter05 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2013 - Aug 3, 2013 at 07:02 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 3, 2013 at 02:20 PM
i have a sony viao laptop, i dont have the reboot disk but i know how to get to the reboot menu, the screen on the laptop is completely useless tho and im using an external monitor, whenever i go to the reboot menu it only lets me use the laptop screen, i somehow luckily get out of the reboot menu and get the laptop to go back to working like it is whereas i can use it to go online and do basic necessities but i need to reboot it to factory settings cause it has many problems, is there a way i can get the reboot menu to work on the external monitor so i can actually get through the whole process?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 3, 2013 at 02:20 PM
No. It's not advisable to try to restore the laptop when using an external monitor. The restore process assumes you have a working primary display and can't be made to work with an external monitor.

Sorry for the bad news.