Desktop is not starting?????????

Closed
naresh - Feb 23, 2009 at 07:06 AM
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 - Mar 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Hello, frnds
i hav desktop intel P4 ! sunday eveng.... i removed ram and processor and i fixed again at monday noon but system not starting? there was a two types of beeb sound playing and system shuting down then i refixed ram and processor but still is not starting please frnds solve this problem please;((((((((((((((((((

My mail id legend0131@gmail.com
Related:

1 response

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Feb 23, 2009 at 07:23 AM
what u said isnt clear

u said u removed and fixed it again

are the same ones

or u replaced it with new ones

if with newer ones then check if they are compatible with ur system

also check if the ram is fitted properly

remove it from the slot and refix it

also upto where does the system start i mean what do u see before it starts shutting down

awaitying ur repsonse

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
Hi thanks Brothr. i did not change ram but my system is running now but really its damn slow i hate to use my system wat to do
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41 > naresh
Mar 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM
update ur sytems antivirus patch files
scan all drives for virus
delette if found any

then
check out if any unwanted progs are running at the background without ur notice (usally virus/spyware/malware that dowloads more onto ur system when on net)

for this go to start>run>type the word msconfig in it
hit enter
click the startup tab
uncheck the unwanted program which u see there (usally the topmost and having a remark of UNKNOWN in the application colum)
click apply
then ok
restart

it problem persit

then

i suggest u run the xp service pack, this will not only repair ur registries but will also remove the unwanted ones from ur system

any further queries & comments
pls reply

Melisio Mascarenhas
India-mumbai
mikethedike